You guys — I got my new library card yesterday! I haven’t done this in forever, but decided to join the Broke and the Bookish today for a Top Ten Tuesday post in honor of my library milestone!
I am waaaayyyy behind my usual reading schedule this year. Things have just gotten in the way of my reading time. There’s a season for everything I suppose. I’m hoping things settle back down this fall and I can do some more reading. Here’s what’s up on my “To Be Read” list…
1-3. The Necromancer, The Warlock, and The Enchantress all by Michael Scott: These are actually books 4, 5 and 6 from the series, “The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel”. I’m just finished book 3 of a re-read of this series. It’s a great action-packed YA series full of magic and mythology. Highly recommend.
4. On Writing by Stephen King: This book about the craft of writing has been on my to-read pile for a while, and my husband got it for me for Mother’s Day! I started it, but haven’t finished. I want to go back and read it in its entirety.
5. The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny: The next in a line of Inspector Gamache books I’ve been enjoying.
6. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux: This is on my Classics Club list (pretty sure I’ve gone over my 5 years on that one, but I’ll still plug away at it…) I’ve seen the musical multiple times and it’s one of my favorites. It will be interesting to read the original book.
7. The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser: Because sometimes you judge a book by it’s cover and Look. At. That. Cover….
8. Dramarama by E. Lockhart: Because I enjoyed her book “We Were Liars” and it’s about theatre kids… a no-brainer.
9. Origin by Dan Brown: This one is due to be released in October. I know it’s not considered high literature or anything, and Dan Brown certainly has his fair share of haters, but I, for one, enjoy his books. So sign me up to read this next one.
And… if I get to #10, I honestly have no idea what it would be. :-)