Joining the Broke & the Bookish today for Top Ten Tuesday.
Today’s topic is “All Time Favorite Authors”… Wow. So hard. Let’s give it a go…
1. Jane Austen. Of course.
2. L. M. Montgomery. I am forever indebted to her for the creation of Anne Shirley.
3. Ann Voskamp. She has such a beautiful, poetic way with words & I love everything she writes.
4. Marissa Meyer. I think she’s a genius and I love her Lunar Chronicles series.
5. Frances Hodgson Burnett. She wrote two of my childhood favorites, A Little Princess and The Secret Garden.
7. J.K. Rowling. I debated this one, if you can even believe it. I think she is a master at her craft, and the Harry Potter series is the best as they come. I couldn’t even finish the Casual Vacancy, though, because I thought it so awful, so I’m still undecided on her current works. I did just check out the Cuckoo’s Calling from the library, so I’m going to give her another try.
8. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The creator of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson couldn’t not make my list of favorites.
9. Michael Scott. Wrote one of my favorite series, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel. I loved how he intertwined mythology with modern times. And nothing against Percy Jackson, because I love Rick Riordan’s series also, but I think Scott does it better.
10. Dan Brown. I like the way he writes. I’d read any new book of his with the Robert Langdon character in it.