Have you been outside lately?? The weather here has been GORGEOUS. It’s been anywhere from the 60s to the 80s outside this week and clear and beautiful… which leads me to the first couple of reasons why my closet is STILL not clean…
8. My garden. Things are growing! I love to hang out and watch them. And I have to keep the little weeds starting to pop up down… and there’s the matter of watering… and on Thursday it’ll be time to plant my squash and green beans. Yay! I also need to find another big container to plant cantaloupe and watermelon in. So much fun!
7. Downton Abbey. Last week Mama Train introduced me to this show and told me I needed to go watch all the episodes to the first two seasons. Done. Awesome. Now I’m waiting for what’s next. In the meantime, I found the British series “MI-5” (called “Spooks” in Britain) on Netflix and have been watching that series. It has about 10 seasons or so, so it should keep me busy for a while.
6. School. Homeschooling takes up a large part of my everyday. As it should.
5. Social Media. How did we procrastinate before social media? I really don’t remember. It’s so much more fun browsing Pinterest for WAYS to organize my closet than it is to actually DO it.
4. Let’s just be honest — I don’t want to deal with it. This time is going to require some serious purging, and I’m just not feeling up to tackling that job.
3. Housework. There are so many other things that are more “visible” than my bedroom closet that seem to take precedence. It’s much easier to just close the bedroom door when company comes over and pretend there isn’t a messy closet in there.
2. Running. I have a new love/hate relationship with my tennis shoes. I may be slightly obsessed with jogging. With beating my time or distance. And of course, with burning off calories… because the more you run, the more you can get away with eating. There’s probably a ton of things wrong with that philosophy, but I’m just going to go with it.
1. Drama. Not acting drama, but good old-fashioned girly girl drama. You do remember I have three girls. Lately, it seems that the drama has been at an all-time high. I cannot even begin to fathom what my life is going to be like in a few years with three hormonal teenage girls, but that’s a story for another day. In the meantime, some days, I just grow weary. I am so tired of the drama and all I want to do in the evening when they are FINALLY in bed is veg and do nothing. And by nothing, I really mean browse all my social media sites, read blogs, or watch MI-5.
And there you have it. My top 8 reasons my closet is still not clean. I was shooting for 10, but I’ll be honest – I just ran out of reasons after 8 and figured that was good enough. Maybe some day I’ll get it done. And you’ll be the first to know.