Well, my Granny has always eaten black eyed peas and cabbage on New Years………you know, for good luck. :) So, tonight I whipped up some TEXAS CAVIAR!
Happy New Years!!
Classic Texas Caviar
- 2 (15.8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 fresh medium jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and minced (I only use one)
- 1 small onion, cut into small dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin