As I mentioned early in the school year, we kind of did our own thing with read-alouds this year because my girls had just listened to all the read-alouds that went with their Sonlight core the previous year. We took the opportunity to just read some good books together. Some were my favorites, and some [...]
My girls were inspired by the Trains’ video from the other day and begged to do one of their own. This is what we came up with. The lyrics are written below in the post, as they can be a little hard to understand in some spots in the video. The rap is based on books [...]
Updated 1/25/2013: When I wrote this 2 years ago, I had no idea that 2 weeks later I would find out that I was pregnant with Micah who was born in September of 2011. We also adopted our Gaige and James that year. It was an awesome year! When I was younger, pre -Mrs. [...]
It’s that time of year again. Time for planning. Time for resolving. Time for new beginnings. You probably don’t know this about me, but for the past 2 years I have been in survival mode. Well, its probably been more like 3 1/2 years. A little over 3 1/2 years ago, I went from being [...]
My third child is as right-brained as they come. She is left-handed and does everything in her own special way. For that reason, it came as a surprise to me that she is my little math wizard. She LOVES math and is quite good at it. She works ahead in her math book “for fun.” [...]
My middle daughter has math-phobia. She’s actually not bad at math, but she has a mental block against it and spends a lot of unnecessary time bemoaning the fact that there’s math work to do. So, I try to give her as many tools as I can to help fight the math fears. I’m sure we’ve all [...]
This year, my two younger girls are studying Botany. One of their first activities was after a lesson on Taxonomy, the dividing up op plants into groups and naming each group. Their job was to collect one shoe from each pair of shoes in the house and to classify them into kingdom, phylum, class, and [...]
(photo by my youngest) Our school year has commenced! Yay! Things have been going GREAT this week. With the combination of a new school slate and using My Job Chart daily, things have been running smoothly! We re-arranged the schoolroom this year. Let me take you on a little tour… We are blessed to have [...]
Mama Tutu is so on top of things and has already posted about the Tutu school curriculum for this year. And she has THREE to school! So, here finally, are our curriculum plans for 2012-2013 for Jacob, age 7 (2nd grade). Bible, Language Arts, Social Studies – Sonlight Core B (4-Day) with Readers 2. This [...]
So, have I mentioned lately that I’m getting excited about the new school year? Just a little? WELL…. I can’t help it! New school supplies make me giddy. And spiral binding? It’s Where. It’s. At. I’m totally in love with my girls’ daily notebooks this year. So, without further ado, may I present, the notebooks [...]
- Imperfect and Beautiful May 22, 2013
- Book Review: Sparkly Green Earrings May 21, 2013
- Monday Musings May 20, 2013
- Garden Chronicles May 18, 2013
- Herbaria May 17, 2013
- DIY Garden Trellis February 27, 2013
- Eliminating Processed Foods: Week 1 Menu March 30, 2013
- My Praise & Harmony Recording Experience (Part 3) April 20, 2013
- See the Light: Art Class (A Review and Giveaway) April 16, 2013
- What Happens in Share Group, Stays in Share Group May 2, 2013
- Karen: Just finished this in my small table-top maker... ...
- Renee @ Great Peace: How Very True! Isn't it our imperfections that ar...
- Debi Kirksey: Downloaded this a few weeks ago when it was free. ...
- shiree: The texture you were speaking of you probably need...
- Laura: I still use this… although the recipe I most gen...
Follow @trainsandtutus on Twitter