Sometimes, when I need to clean something, or teach the 2nd grader something or just have a few quiet moments to myself, I’ll have my iPad babysit one or more of the children. I don’t feel guilty about this because all of my apps are educational………………..
Here are my favorite apps:
1. Sesame Street Playground – Enjoy listening to a story read out loud or color some of your favorite sesame street pals on this app!
2. The Monster at the End of this Book – This is an interactive version of the old time favorite. The kids will play it over and over again!
3. Monkey Preschool Lunchbox – Your preschooler will enjoy all kinds of games like memory, shape match, puzzles and much more.
4. Disney Cars 2 Appmates – Your little one will enjoy racing with Lightening McQueen and Friends in this Disney app. No need to purchase the appmate cars………they can use their little fingers for free!
5. Skee-Ball – Enjoy playing this arcade classic. They will earn tickets that they can spend on prizes, too!
6. Breakout – That’s right! This is Atari’s original Breakout. A great game to hone your little ones fine motor skills.
7. Yahtzee – This board game classic will sharpen their problem solving skills as they use strategy to win.
8. Abby – Basic Skills Preschool – Practice counting, letters, shapes, colors, patterns, puzzles and matching.
9. Netflix – Choose from lots of great movies and shows for kids.
10. PBS Kids – Watch PBS favorites like Wild Kratts, Curious Goerge, Super Why and more!
11. Watch Disney Junior – You’ll buy yourself at least 30 minutes of peace while your little ones watch some of their favorite shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
12. Elmo’s ABC’s – Learn your alphabet with America’s favorite furry friend, Elmo!
13. Angry Birds – Angry Birds HD, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Seasons………all great games to challenge your child as they use problem solving and geometry to kill some pigs!
What are your favorite kid friendly apps?