January has come and gone. I thought I’d give you a recap as to how my “Develop” goals went for the month. As with most things, I had some good and some not-so-good results.
Spiritual Action Plan:
- Our Bible study group will meet every other week.
Check. LOVING our group!
- I will be starting a daily Bible reading plan.
Check. Missed a day here and there, but am currently caught up.
- I will watch and study two Greek Lessons per month until I am caught up.
FAIL. Didn’t watch either. Technically, I could do at least one today and redeem myself a little.
- I will write down 3 gifts per day that I am blessed with.
Check. 93 gifts recorded to date.
- I will begin a study on prayer and apply what I learn. Maybe have some sort of prayer challenge in February. Not sure what that will look like yet. –
FAIL. Not doing better in this area. And to be honest, I haven’t been focused on it either.
Personal Action Plan:
- Read an average of 2 books per month.
Check. Actually finished 4, so I’m ahead of schedule.
- Schedule one night a month as date night.
FAIL. Didn’t have a date night.
- Dig a second garden bed, plan seed dates, plant dates, etc. and stick to the plan.
Partial Check – I have planned out my planting dates, but have not dug my second bed or gotten the current one ready for Spring. This HAS to happen soon.
- Log 1 hour of guitar practice per week.
FAIL. Um, didn’t happen. I maybe got in 1 hour the whole month.
- Decide on a photography challenge and begin on it.
Check. Started Project 52.
- Develop some sort of Patience Challenge for the month of May.
It’s not May yet.
- Set writing goals/projects.
Um.. Forgot this was one of my goals? FAIL.
- Plan service projects twice a month for the girls.
Sadly, I failed at this one too.
Health Action Plan:
- Lose at least 2.5 pounds per month via healthy eating and exercise.
Almost Check. Overall I lost 2.2 pounds from Jan. 1 to Jan 31. However, my weight fluctuated a lot, being down almost 6 lbs. at one point, so I still don’t feel too hot about this one.
- Drink more water.
FAIL. I blame my Keurig.
- Research and sign up for 5K races – maybe in January, April, July & October.
FAIL. Although I have slowly started jogging again.
- Have food challenges, such as “No Sugar”, “No Fast Food”, “No Processed Food”, etc. that last for 1 month each. (January is NO SUGAR).
No sugar went pretty well until hubby’s birthday on the 21st. I made him a homemade creme brûlée cheesecake, and it went downhill from there. February is no fast food. Let’s hope that goes a little better.
I won’t even bother discussing my “Home” goals, because I didn’t stick to any of them. Although, I think I did keep up with laundry pretty well.
So, I did better in some areas, but there is definitely still room for improvement.
How about you? Did you set yourself goals for the new year?