9 weeks. 63 days. 8.6 lbs lost!!!!
Current Weight: 166.4 lbs
I couldn’t have done it without the support of friends and family, but I also could not have done it without the MyFitnessPal free iPhone app. I. Love. It.
The hardest time for me to calculate my calories is at supper time. Usually, supper meals are recipes involving several ingredients in varying amounts. It is HARD to figure out the combined calories and portion size! But not with the Create a New Recipe function on MyFitnessPal. Check it out.
1. Go to your food diary and click on Add in the top right hand corner.
2. Choose a meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Snack).
3.Directly below the search bar, you will see a list of blue tabs: Recent, Frequent, My Foods, Meals, and Recipes. Click on the Recipes tab, scroll to the bottom and click Create a New Recipe.
4. The next view will be Create Recipe. Here, you can name your recipe and enter how many people your recipe will serve. For some recipes, I’m not sure until after it is cooked how many servings it will make and what one serving is size wise. In this instance, I save all the packaging for my recipe and enter it in after I’m done cooking and know the number of servings and serving size. This is probably the hardest part. BUT, you won’t have to do it the next time you make the meal!
5. The next view will be Edit Recipe. Here you can click on the add ingredient button to add all the ingredients one at a time.
6. The Add Ingredient view is identical to the one you use when adding a food item to your Diary.
7. After choosing the ingredient, you will be taken to the Add Ingredient view which allows you to enter the amount of that particular ingredient used in the recipe.
8. You also have the option of scanning the barcode to enter an ingredient. Yes, I realize I should have taken a picture of me actually scanning a barcode. ;)
9. Once all your ingredients are entered, you can click the blue Save button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
I hope this helps you on your journey to FABULOUS!