This week in the garden: Tiny tomatoes! Finally! Peppers are rocking! Green beans are too… I think we’ll have enough mature ones to enjoy a batch for dinner next week! All types of squash plants are blooming, although the plants themselves are still pretty small. Cucumber plants are starting to flower, but they’re not quite […]
Top Left: Potato Leaves/Flowers Top Right: Roma Green Beans (bush) Bottom Right: Nasturtium flower/leaves Bottom Left: Oregano clippings
This week in the garden: Had another cold snap (50s). I think my tomatoes are confused. Still lots of blooms, but no fruit yet. Starting to see tiny green beans & peppers. Regularly harvesting lettuce for yummy salads. Pruned some yellow leaves off the tomato plants. Lots of pretty blooms – borage, peppers, nasturtium, marigold, […]
This week in the garden: LOTS of blooms! Tomatos, peppers, green beans, borage — all sorts! More rain. Yay! My plants just respond so much better to God’s watering system than mine. Harvesting some lettuce for salad. Yum. The pole beans are starting to climb their trellis. Potato plants are thriving.
Top Left: Borage leaf & flower Top Right: Cilantro pods/seeds Bottom Right: Tomato leaf Bottom Left: Grape leaf
This week in the garden: Tomatos are starting to bloom! Noticed new growth on the blackberry bush and also a grape vine I thought was dead! Cleaned out the remainder of what was left from the fall garden. Pulled up the brussels sprouts and weeds, tossed in some compost. The spot is now ready for […]
Top Left: Potato Leaves Top Right: Geranium flowers Bottom Right: Dill Sprig Bottom Left: Rose
This week in the garden: We got rain, glorious rain! I tied all the tomato plants to their stakes I harvested some lettuce for my lunch. I “harvested” the broccoli seeds and pulled up the broccoli plants. I planted watermelon and cucumber seeds, as well as a few squash and sour gherkin seeds that didn’t […]
Top Left: Nasturtium leaf and flower Top Right: Green Leaf Lettuce Bottom Right: Flowering Sage Bottom Left: Brussels Sprouts
This week in the garden… I harvested my first leaves of lettuce from the Spring Garden for a salad. I thinned the squash and cucumber seedlings down to one per “spot” and put toilet paper tubes around the base of the squash seedlings to hopefully help protect them from vine borers later in the season. […]
- White Bean Chicken Chili December 12, 2013
- Book Review: Fever 1793 December 10, 2013
- Book Review: Love Does December 3, 2013
- Monday Musings December 2, 2013
- Advent December 1, 2013
- 31 Days of New Recipes ~ Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Quiche October 6, 2013
- Monday Musings November 18, 2013
- Little Trains Preschool: At the Store! November 17, 2013
- 31 Days of New Recipes ~ Crockpot Mongolian Beef October 1, 2013
- Book Review: Same Kind of Different as Me. September 19, 2013
- Jillian @ Hi! It\'s Jilly: I loooooove it! All the little details are so grea...
- Debbie Brown: You should teach Mallory to make her own clothes. ...
- Laura: Brilliant. :)...
- Laura: Hi Karen! I just have classic 9 inch loaf pans. ...
- Karen: Can you tell me what size (regular) loaf pans you ...