A friend of mine prompted me into looking at to the 30 days of lists blog, because she is participating. While I don’t know that I could do this every day, I like the idea, so I thought I’d play along by doing several in one post. You should take a look at the site. Some of the lists are WAY cute and creative. Mine is just a list.
List 1 ~ A few things about yourself:
1. I grew up listening to my mother sing alto in church & as a result, I believe, I naturally hear the harmony parts in songs. They come more natural to me than the melody. (Now I sing alto).
2. When I was five I had a perm. My hair was red, and the movie “Annie” had just come out. Guess what my nickname was? (Hint: Not Strawberry Shortcake – that was later!)
3. I am a perfectionist. You woudn’t know it to look at my house, though. I also have three young children, which would account for the shape of the house.
4. I love being a Texan. We have a state-nationalism thing going on. However, it may come as a shock that while I love being a Texan, I cannot stand country music, and I am not a fan of the county fair or the Rodeo.
5. I sled down a hill of snow for the first time last weekend. Yep. First time.
List 2 ~ Things I’m good at:
1. Cooking. I love spending time in my kitchen. Notice, I didn’t say “baking”. There is a difference.
2. Photography. I’ve been told I’m not bad with a camera.
3. I can fix little girls’ hair like nobody’s business. Ponytails, braids, french braids, updos… I’ve done them all.
4. I’m tech-savvy. My husband might laugh at that, because he is definitely the computer nerd in this family, but for a chick (don’t get me started on his theory on women & computers), I’m pretty good at figuring most things out on the computer, troubleshooting, etc.
5. Academics. I enjoy learning and the whole academic process. I was in the top ten of my high school graduating class and graduated from college (cum laude) in three years. Yep. I was a nerd. I’d love to go back and get my masters someday. Maybe after all the girls have graduated from college…
List 3 – I am looking forward to:
1. The next visit with Mama Train.
2. Being debt-free (still a long way off).
3. Watching my garden grow and bear fruit (hopefully!)
4. Wednesday nights (always love the singing).
5. Date night with hubby.
List 4 - Today’s Playlist:
I don’t know what I listened to exactly today, but here are a few from the “most recents” on my ipod…
1. You Never Let Go ~ A Capella version. (Lots of other hymns too, but this is my recent fav).
2. In My Life ~ the Beatles
3. Maybe ~ Sick Puppies
4. Fireflies ~ Owl City
5. Kodachrome ~ Simon & Garfunkel
List 5: Weekend Plans
1. Studio session for an “old” client.
2. Grocery Shopping
3. Birthday Party with Clara
5. Selena Gomez concert at the Rodeo with the family.